Sunday, April 18, 2010

Your Sunday Opera Moment
For your listening and I rush to say, viewing pleasure, the absolutely stunning mezzo-soprano Elina Garanca singing "Una Voce Poco Fa" from Rossini's "Barber of Seville." Her singing stands on its own (for those who watch the viddy) but I want to point out the facial expressiveness. This woman acts while she sings which is not always the case with great singers. I may have to dial down my enduring crush on Renee Fleming in favor of Ms. Garanca. And, if Latvian women looks like this, I know where I'm going for my next vacation!


3 comments:

Kris said...

You're right... she's not just singing, she's ACTING. Even when she's just performing the number from the opera, not the whole opera... very nicely done. I enjoyed that immensely.

BlogDog said...

:-)
I'm so glad. She wasn't really on my radar until I was e-mailing with a friend about my fealty to Ms. Fleming and he pointed me toward a few other modern beauties of the opera world. There are several fabulously beautiful women singing opera today. Maybe I should do a post on that.... Nah. I'm still learning.

Wil said...

Get me a ticket, too, while you're at it. She's dynamite.