Thursday, November 24, 2005

Double Up On That Happy Thanksgiving
I well recall those days Paul and I with families all around got together in Hilton Head. Our fathers were colleagues as far back as the Navy Language School in Boulder, CO so our intertwined histories go way back.
With may parents gone and Lycurgus enjoying the (relatively) warm weather of Florida, I am left to bind up new traditions. My good friends the Enigmatic Misanthropes have been so kind as to extend an invitation to me for the least few Thanksgivings and I feel blessed that they treat me like family. Once again this year they hosted me for an excellent meal and I brought fores and afters: ramekins of wild mushroom flan to start and a "Candy Apple" pie from my favorite pastry shop in the whole wide world to end. I think the flans - a first for me this year - turned out OK. One person didn't like mushrooms (Sorry Amy!) but everyone else was complementary. I'll post the recipe in a day or so.
God bless you all this holiday season. Or, if you are not of faith, may the universe turn your way in all your endeavors.

No comments: