Thursday, June 28, 2007

Voici
Hope I haven't keep you all breathless what with your bated-ness in awaiting my return to the electronical page. I had an extended visit from a friend I hadn't seen in a long time and a good time was had by, well, me for sure. But I think I can say I was a good and attentive host so I think the good time was had by all. After all this time, I can truly say: Love you, doll. You do good work and are a boon companion. I hope it won't be nearly as long in the future.
OK then. Anything worth posting about? Coffee - yeah sure, why not. Boca Java now has blueberry! Blueberry coffee kicks rump. If you don't like blueberries, it wouldn't be your cuppa joe but I've kept up my contact with the Gevalia Kaffee people for the sole reason that it afforded me access to blueberry-flavored coffee. Not no mo! Time to order some more from the Boca Java people I must say. Plus the Boca folks advertise with Rush, Sean, Sean, Laura Ingraham. I think you want my business if you're going to do that.
Politics? No much to say - a real democratic (small "d") revolution has killed the fatally bad amnesty bill and quite a number of politicians are going to feel the heat of an invigorated conservative base in the next election. Mark my words, oh ye mighty! Like a group of lions walking past someone on the last day of summer it is! (i.e. Pride goeth before a fall.) And the Democratic (large "d") attempt to stifle free speech in the form of a revived "fairness doctrine" will fail miserably. Yet they will not be held to account for their assault on free speech as their water carriers in the main stream media (d'ya like all that hydro imagery?) will manage to cover the asses asses for the majority of American idiots. Sic transit gloria mundi.
Food? I made dumplings for the first time last night! A qualified success I have to say. I made pork dumples and I over steamed them a bit. The wrappers clung to my new bamboo steamer. I have to figure out how to fix that. Plus, the steamer might work better if I make more won-ton like shapes rather than the semi-circular kind. I need to maximize steamer real-estate to get them goobers cooked. I added shiitake mushrooms and beni shoga (red pickled ginger) to my batch. I could have put even more ginger in and I would cut the mushroom into larger pieces next time. But I'd definitely use both again.

No comments: