Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Yep, It's Winter
Annoyingly noisy all last night. I find that I don't sleep too well on windy nights and last night was just that. As well as being a night full of precip. All part of the rich pageant of life. Then again, so is post-nasal drip.
Have I shoveled out? Well, as Bobby DeNiro would say. "li'l bit." I've done more than half the driveway and my lousy hip joint and lower back then just put up too much resistance. So tomorrow I'll clean the rest of it off. Lord willing and the crick in the back of my neck don't rise.
I didn't mean this to be all about me. The shoveling is the thing. Snow has a surprising variety of forms. I've shoveled deep snow that held together but wasn't wetly heavy. I've shoveled "day after" snow that crusted over. And that's what I've got now. It's not too deep but it's crusty as a well-baked baguette and pretty heavy. Which leads to my bitch: Just shoveling snow is not too bad. But when you have to break a shovelable chunk off every time you take a shovelful, it adds noticeably to the time and hugely increases the annoyance factor. (sigh) Winter weather. 'Twas ever thus. I will count my blessings as I sit in a house that hasn't lost power once despite the storms. A pot of tea is called for.

No comments: