Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another Sorbet
It seems I'll try anything. In this case, Ranier cherry sorbet. (If you've never had Ranier cherries, and they ain't cheap, you're really missing something.) Two pounds of the cherries ($10 at Costco and I don't know of any place that sells them as cheaply), 1/2 cup sugar, juice of one lemon and 1/3 cup of peach vodka. Blend it. Process it. Put in the freezer.
Don't get me wrong - the flavor is wonderful. Delicious. But the texture is strange. Fluffy. I think some air got into the mix in the pureeing but then the processing seemed to fluff it up some more. It's not bad. But I just like a denser sorbet. Of course I'll try this again with an intermediate step of trying to agitate out some of the air befoer the processing. Fingers crossed.
What happens next? Well, there are blueberries in the fridge....

No comments: