Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Delayed Patriotism - Amanda Tapping
OK. It's past the 4th. And, technically, she's not exactly an American since she was born in England and lives in Canada but in the world of televised Sci-fi, she's an Air Force Colonel. In the even more real-life sense, she's a total babe and, wrap her in a flag and I will salute. That sounds so impolite! I only mean that I'll act as if her role is real and she's an officer. Yeah. That's what I mean.

The pics (yes, there are others) are from some lad's mag called "Femme Fatale." And they've been on the web for a couple few years now, actually. I can't believe I've missed them up til now. Live 'n' learn.

The pic certainly plays up her babe-a-liciousness but I hurry to emphasize that she is a wonderful actress as well. Her role on "Stargate SG-1" had her as a brainiac and a warrior. It also allowed her several different incarnations (alternate time-lines, characters that copied her physical form e.g.) that let her express a range from stone-cold killer to ditzy, flustered girly. She handled it all with aplomb. Also, if you can watch outtakes where she rails on Richard Dean Anderson - spit take funny.

No comments: