Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Additions After The Subtraction
A weather eye cast to the right shows a few changes in the old sidebar. First, added to the links is Rob "Acidman" Smith as "Way Off Base in Jawja." I'll leave the explanation of "Acidman" to the man himself on his own site but I will point out that "off base" (i.e. acidic, not "base" or alkali) is my tribute to his acidity. He is a Georgia resident who's been up and down, strayed and stayed, been kicked while he was down and had the grit (a word that means more than ground hominy) to face up to how he was treated and the honesty to tell his continuing story.
I don't want to go into details about his story because it's his story but I will say he writes agonizing truth with verve and colloquial wit. If you aren't familiar with his site, explore it. Read his stories of abuse at the hands of an ex-wife and imagine yourself in his circumstances. Could you endure it? I haven't had to go through nearly what he has and I was left devastated at a number of critical junctures. He's known Mike Cross as long as I have but he's had the enviable experience of actually playing guitar with Mike. Jealousy is a weak word for what I, as a musical incompetent, feel. I say this again: if you haven't read him, go and do so. There's a lot there so expect, if you're going to visit the archives (which I most strongly suggest), to spend some time in Acidman's parlor. Even though he hates cats, he is one blogger I'd really like to meet.
(I like cats well enough but I'm more a dog person - witness the site and the handle.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]pugsofwar.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Scientific Research indicates that closely 80% of all United States adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.