Thursday, August 11, 2005

Another Amazon Day
It just keeps getting better. Not that it was all Amazon today. I got my book on installing hardwood floors, my new iPod battery and my new PowerBook battery. That was just the mail. I also drove down to Lorton, VA to pick up my new bamboo flooring at Lumber Liquidators. My kitchen is going to look soooooo good.
Then I get the new range and range hood microwave. Can it get better? Oh yes. But the new fridge is going to have to wait. Probably until after I strip off the wallpaper and paint the walls. And then the Corian countertops!
If I don't get out of here, I'll batter my Ship of Finance against the unyielding Reef of Home Improvement. Whoa! Metaphor alert!
UPDATE: I just installed the new battery in my iPod. It couldn't have gone more smoothly. The printed instructions that came with the battery are printed so small as to make then virtually unreadable even by my LASIK'ed eyes. Actually, I probably could have read these itty-bitty letters better before the corneal slice and dice. Fortunately, the site from which I bought the battery (Other World Computing) has a video available online showing how it's done. Gad, I love the Interweb thing.

No comments: