Wednesday, August 31, 2005

An Explanation, Such As It Is
I've had Achewood in the ol' blogroll for a while now and have even thought of attempting to write something about it. However, Chris Onstad's work is peculiarly resistant to ratiocination. Indeed, that sentence can be repeated if you delete "ly resistant to ratiocination." Yet it is utterly engaging once you start to see what the characters are like. Or who the characters are. So it is with great delight that I'm able to point you to an Achewood Wikipedia article! If you have any questions, ... well, you'll probably still have questions. Not many comic strips have a bumper sticker that features one of those "Calvin whizzing" icons where the object of his output is a big block reading "The Stultifying Compositions of Edvard Grieg."
I like Grieg's Piano Concerto myself. But I like Achewood too.

No comments: