Tuesday, August 28, 2007

OK, This Is Just Weird
I ate a tomato this afternoon. A Big Rainbow. Though mine was not nearly that size and fully red, not yellow. I wanted it to be yellow but that's not the strange part. The strange part is that I ate the thing. Sliced it up, salted it, peppered it, took knife and fork in hand and ate a tomato. And it was good. I doubt that I'm ever going to be as enamored of tomatoes as others are but I don't hate them any more. In fact, I liked it. It was very sweet. I am going to pay more attention to tomatoes in the Deck Farm™ next year.
I think the plants got hammered by some fungus or something this year. I say this because the foliage died back for a while but new growth is coming along that is not dying back. Heat may also have been a factor. Next year I'm growing tomatoes upside down in 5-gallon hanging buckets. That should be good for a post or two.
The peppers are doing fine. I had a poblano with my eggs this morning. Tasty. I must pick the hot lemon peppers this evening. In fact, I'll go do that now.

No comments: