Wednesday, August 01, 2007

What A Blah Day
It's hot here in NoVa. Ugly hot. Stay inside hot. I was going to make a Costco run and do a bit of work on the deck. Fuggedaboudit. So I'm doing indoor things. Like ordering gamma seals from the good folks at the Sportsman's Guide. To save you a click and load, gamma seals are screw-on tops for 5-gallon buckets. It's actually a snap on ring that the top per se screws into. They're great. They make empty buckets water tight and perfect storage containers. I plan on using a couple of the buckets for water transport to the next Atlantic Cycling ride which has a very water-intensive rest stop. Every year I've worked the stop we've more than run through all the water we have in plastic bladders. We have been allowed to use a hose from a house beside our stop but last year the water was rusty and awful. This year I plan to bring a couple of 5-gallon buckets of nice, potable water and a whole pile of gallon jugs of the same. Not to mention 5 iced-down watermelons and probably a couple of additional bags of ice as well. It's a hot ride.
That being as it may, the gamma seals are a good thing. I just thought I'd mention that. Sei gesund.

No comments: