Thursday, June 02, 2005

Back From A Long, Strange Trip
It's been a while since I last posted, business obligations kept me on the road for well over a month. I did make some notes that I meant to blog but somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert the strain of traveling began to take hold. Maybe it was the six lane traffic jams during rush hour or the constant reports of road rage during the traffic reports that caused me to caste my notes to the winds, I don't remember. The notes just began to seem insignificant the longer I was away from home and the more the sun beat down on me in my fire engine red Cadillac convertible.

Seriously, I'm glad I went to California. My assignment involved one of Corporate America's biggest problems: to defend against the harmful effects of viruses, worms and security exploits. In other words, I was trying to fix what is mostly a Microsoft-inflicted industry problem. I met with some success while using some products from Cisco and also visited Cisco headquarters in San Jose to preview their next generation of security products. I don't expect any easy resolution to the problems associated with Microsoft but it sure was satisfying to give it a shot during this road trip.

No comments: