Thursday, June 23, 2005

A Biometric Laptop
HP is starting to ship a biometric laptop. I sure hope Apple does the same by the time I'm ready to buy one of their new ones next year that contains the Intel chip. What can I say, I like bleeding edge tech toys. Though I especially like the enhanced security inherent in fingerprint biometrics and the fact I will have one less password to remember.

Maybe one day this same technology can be used in cars and to eliminate the need to carry around house keys. By my conservative calculation, I annually spend 4 or 5 hours looking for my keys and in opening and locking doors. It may not seem like much but combined with the aggravation involved in the search for keys and the locking/unlocking, it would certainly be worth it to me not to have to engage in any of it. Sometimes it's the little things that drive people crazy and this one is near the top of my list.

No comments: