Thursday, March 25, 2004

Extending the franchise
I see that the folks behind the terrific "CSI" shows are putting out another one, to wit - CSI: New York. Luckily for the viewers, they seem to have the superb actor Gary Sinese to lead the cast. How lucky can a forensics junkie (which I didn't know I was until I started watching "CSI: Lost Wages") get?

But it does raise the question of just how far can the franchise be extended. The same thought struck me while I was watching a broadcast of "The Wizard of Oz" last year. When Dorothy's house lands on the Wicked Witch ("home-icide"?), the Munchkin coroner comes up a death certificate and declares "she's not merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead!" Munchkinland seems to have quite the high standards for death reporting. But it does offer the possibility of "CSI: Munchkinland."
Munchkin paramedic: "Sorry boss. She's just merely dead. You don't need to call in the criminalists."

UPDATE: Thanks to Elsie for the correction.

No comments: