Tuesday, March 02, 2004

More dogs
Pugs, pugs and more pugs. There's a reason the Little Turk is the only dog with a motto: Multum in parvo (which, if memory doesn't betray, means something like "A lot of dog in a small space"). They are a lot of dog in a small space. Well, I'm seeing a lot of pugs in the small space of my television machine box.

Verizon has a an ad for its DSL service slamming Comcast (on the basis of cost and lack of equipment provided) in which a guy is on the phone checking with each service as his pug roams the room and jumps up on the couch when he sits down. Then Comcast responded with an ad that is well nigh identical (they may have even gotten the same actor and pug, certainly they got the same set) except the focus is on the higher bandwidth of a cable modem. Needless to say, the actor in each ad chooses a different service.

Who cares? (Umm, Verizon, I really do care! I love my DSL service. kissy kissy!) I get to see more pugs on the tube. And don't that just make life a little more pleasant?

No comments: