Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Who Cares?

Microsoft announced to what I assume was a huge yawn in the Macintosh community that it was discontinuing the development of Internet Explorer for the Macintosh platform. Let me pose this question: What person who is concerned about the security of their PC uses Internet Explorer anyhow? If it weren't for web sites that are designed to function only with IE there would be no reason at all to use any other browser besides my favorite, Firefox.

Speaking of Firefox, if you haven't tricked out your browser with a myriad of extensions you are not using your browser to its fullest ability. I love the ClickWeather extension and the extension that allows me to send text messages to a cell phone. There are hundreds of extensions to choose from and it leads me to wonder what Microsoft will counter with when they finally introduce their latest version of IE sometime next year.

No comments: