Hello? Hello? (Is this thing on?) Oh. OK.
Sorry for the lack of posting but I've been in a whole world of pain lately. My joints have been just agonizing. There have been several days where I've spent the majority of the day in bed. But Celebrex is my friend and it's a whole new month (cue music from "Aladdin") so I'll try to crawl out of my cocoon and make some headway against the wind of the world.
To that end, I hereby reproduce something I found in the noisepaper a day or so ago. I thought it was pretty good.
Colin Powell's 13 Rules Against Adversity
1. It ain't as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
2. Get mad, then get over it.
3. Avoid having you ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
4. It can be done!
5. Be careful what you choose. You might get it.
6. Don't let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
7. You can't make someone else's choices. You shouldn't let someone else make yours.
8. Check small things.
9. Share credit.
10. Remain calm. Be kind.
11. Have a vision. Be demanding.
12. Don't take the counsel of your fears or naysayers.
13. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.