Thursday, July 24, 2008

Yes!
As wont as I am to food blog (and I am wont), I must also share wid ch'all of my online shopping (sometimes). To wit: A product from The Ginger People of which I am most enamored (both The People and the product) which has been "temporarily out of stock" for a while now (insert sound of tapping foot). Ginger Spread is back in stock! I've just ordered a dozen of 'em. Which I will split with my fellow gingerphile David. Trader Joe's used to carry it but opted out of it at some point.
This stuff is fantastic. Let me share a TJ's recipe I've not yet made (shouting) because I didn't have ginger spread! (/shouting):
Chocolate Ginger Fondue Bliss
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 oz. heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup sweet unsalted butter
2-3 tbs ginger spread

Combine ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until smoothly melted (about 10-15 minutes). When everything is melted together, pour into serving bowl (or fondue pot or crock-pot on low). Select your favorite dippers and dig in.
Suggested dippers: dried fruit (apricots, mangoes, papaya, figs), fresh fruit chunks (banana, strawberry, apple, pear), pretzel slims, cookies (macaroons).
Oh yes. That is pure decadence to me. I woul
d also use this as an ice cream drizzle.

No comments: