Monday, February 09, 2009

Something Inside Me Is Starting To Break Loose
Last night I slept horribly. I fell asleep in the recliner with the television on and a light on as well. Not my usual thing at all. But in the few hours I was actually absent from the world, I dreamed. I dreamed that I did standup comedy. In front of an audience. My act was coherent, reactive with the crowd and lasted, in non-dream time, probably about ten minutes. Today I'm starting the process of gathering what I've been writing into a single source so that I can put it together and make funny with it. Fingers crossed.

The other randomly vicious thought that passed unbidden over the shell-cratered landscape of my brain was the call by our president for a limit to executive compensation on those businesses that take federal recovery funds. Actually, I don't have a problem with that. It, after all, would be basic contract law. You take funding from the taxpayer, you will be held to these conditions. If that's unacceptable, then you don't suck money from the federal teat. I won't even get into the fevered fantasies of mush-mouthed Sodomite Barney Frank to try to impose salary caps on all business. He seems to want to destroy the American economy like he destroyed the housing industry. All the better to make citizens into serfs of liege lord government.
But the errant thought was about an aspect of salary capping that, to my knowledge, has not even been considered. To wit: Much is made by the left of Rush Limbaugh "using" the airwaves that are 'owned by all Americans." Well, so do the broadcast television networks. Why, then should Katie Couric be paid (Googling...) $15 million when she is "getting" the public's airwaves?

I think, if the left is actually going to go after Rush, I may have to start the movement to go after network anchors who are paid CEO salaries to read the news. Hell, Barack is an expert Tele-Prompter reader. He can do the news.

No comments: