Thursday, September 10, 2009

Grace Notes
First, darling of the blogosphere and very close personal friend of the BlogDog Rachel Lucas has a nice long post up today about England, food and cultural differences. Well worth the reading. And the "close personal friend thing?" She said I could say that.
Closer to home - As long as I've lived here in Arx Solitudinis, I have been plagued by a street lamp that manages to shine through my bedroom window directly onto my face. I've been a "curtains must be drawn" sleeper for a while now which I do not prefer to be. I can sleep crazy in the full light of the moon but a sodium light on my sleeping face sucks for air.
Well, the lamp has been out now for about a week and I'm loving it. My curtains are open, there is some ambient artificial light but nothing bothersome in that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that no one will ask that the one out be fixed and that the powers that be don't notice.
It may be a small thing but it makes a difference.

No comments: