Friday, September 09, 2005

The Bamboo Floor (Cont'd)
When last we left our intrepid new batch of engineered grass flooring, it was one piece of quater-round moulding short of being (in the words of Bart Simpson) done done. Well, I am now in possession of the final piece having had it shipped to my abode through the good graces of Lumber Liquidators. That alone is not exceptional but I was highly intrigued by the shipping. The six foot piece of moulding was wrapped to a slightly longer, slightly wider piece of plywood. Then the two pieces were wrapped in a good double layer of bubble wrap and the shipping label was slapped right onto the bubble wrap. It arrived in perfect shape.
I wouldn't think the bubble wrap would be tough enough to survive but it cetainly did. I don't think I'd try it with consumer-level bubble wrap but obviously there is a commerical version that is tough enough to get through the shipping process unscathed.

No comments: