Monday, September 19, 2005

Planning for Next Year
This year, my deck has been almost completely unused. I cut boards for the new kitchen floor out there. But mostly, it's been wasted space. Ha. Not next year. First, I am going to have it power washed and sealed. It does need that. But more importantly, I'm going to get a few Earthboxes. I'm not a fan of tomatoes - except for the heirloom tomato I ate at my cousin's place in New Jersey - but I may even grow some of them. I can see growing bell peppers, broccoli, lettuce, onions and strawberries. It would be pretty cool to pick my own salad. Lycurgus has used the Earthbox and he says it works as advertised.

UPDATE: I have acquired Peter Loewer's "Small-Space Gardening" in the hopes that some cold-weather reading will have me in the proper frame of mind for getting the Earthboxen going with delicious veggies in the spring.

No comments: