Sunday, May 04, 2008

On About The Weekend Embed
I had a nice, long chat with my friend the Guitar Nazi last night and it got me to pick up my PRS Hollowbody II and actually practice again. My fingertips are acting snotty this morning for being so suddenly abused. Ha! They don't know the half of it. I had so much fun that I'm going to practice even longer today. And from now on. There's a song I want to play. So much so that I decided to make it the weekend embed. Nick Lowe and Rockpile (an under-appreciated band in my mind) with "Cruel to be Kind." Great pop song. Oh and you can see Dave Edmunds in the mix as well. Other things of note, in my (to steal a word from Billy Beck) guitarded mind are the very sweet Strat solo and the guitar Lowe himself is playing. Why? Because I have no idea what make it is. Double cutaway, large lower bout, trapezoidal headstock. And the performance was back in 1979. The body shape could almost be a PRS Santana model but Paul was barely started as a luthier when this viddy was shot. If anyone has better info, please drop a comment. Otherwise, enjoy a blast from the past:


No comments: