Monday, March 30, 2009

What Do You Think?
I just ordered one of these toaster ovens from the nice people at Amazon. My old, and by old I mean I really don't remember when I bought it, toaster oven still works but it's no longer what I want in a countertop appliance. It came with an aluminum tray which I hate, hate, hate. I could get a stainless steel tray really, truly, honest-to-goodness clean. I could use oven cleaner on it. Not so with aluminum.
So I bought some after-market toaster oven accessories, non-stick even. And they were superior but the muffin pan did not fit! It was too wide. I even considered hacking the "ears" off the pan. But rather than cookware surgery, I realized that I really wanted a bigger, more functional toaster oven than the one I'd been using lo! these several years. Now, I'm expecting the new one on Wednesday which means I'll have to care fully clean the old one (I've done that before!) and then donate it to some deserving outfit.
I'd be interested to know what you, dear reader, think about my new toaster oven. It's something I've been turning over in my mind for probably the last four months and I'm hoping that I made the right choice.
Also, I should be getting the new Basia disc, another home appliance from Amazon and part of an order from Costco today. My UPS guy brings me the coolest stuff! Then some other SOB makes me pay for it. Dagnabbit!

2 comments:

Wil said...

Looks like it'll do the job. I have always preferred the toaster-oven to a pure toaster. I do decry the continuing war upon the precious counter-top real estate that the manufacturers of said appliances wage. That said, Delonghi is my favorite brand and truth be told, I have been in a situation where it, with it's built-on burner, was my only indoor cooking appliance for many years. You are so very correct, too. Those aluminum sheet pans are particularly useless.

I do note, in passing, that Target was selling some pans and such of a size specifically geared towards the toaster-oven user.

Just in case this new unit needs some new pans, too.

BlogDog said...

Information!
I love the good scoopage. Thanks.