Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now
I was planning on doing a little posting yesterday but after being toasted on Sunday, I was flying blind yesterday. My eyes were just a mess all day long - it's as if they were simultaneously too dry and producing gunk at the same time. I was needing lots of light to read and it was just so much more comfortable to keep the orbs closed. (shrugs) Today is all right. I might actually get something done for a change.
And my lesbian girlfriend is in town so we'll probably get together for lunch or something like that. And if you don't get the phrase: she is on the other team but she's a sweetheart and we have been incredible friends almost from the moment we met. She's a Floridian so our chances to share time are limited.
UPDATE: Quite a lovely time, really. We wound up having diner at the Sweetwater Tavern, one of my favorite local haunts. I had "Tex-Mex Eggrolls" for starters (two words: yuh um!) and though I was tempted for a moment by the prime rib, I knew I couldn't do any more than a burger. I opted for sweet potato fries for the first time and I must say they are a vastly preferable choice to the regular fries or even the delicious mashed version Sweetwater serves - more fully flavored, crisp exterior fry on a substantial starchy core. Nice. My companion chose a salmon dish which had flash fried yucca strips. To be honest, on looking at them, I thought it was a pita chip of some kind but the skin down the side showed that it wasn't. Even after tasting a bite I didn't identify it as yucca. Which is not entirely a bad thing.
But the best part of the whole evening was the catching up. I believe that is the way it should be with friends.

3 comments:

Enigmatic Misanthrope said...

Why don't you ever send me any naked pics??? and BTW...I read your horoscope..very interesting...good luck today...

BlogDog said...

Actually the good luck is yours - you won't be getting any naked pics of me!

Enigmatic Misanthrope said...

Did you happen to mention to her that you "toss a salad" better than Wolfgang Puck?