Sunday, August 30, 2009

This Is The Day The Lord Made
God bless us, each and every one. I am praying for more people than I ever have in my life and my prayer is always for grace.

I deserve approbation though for not acknowledging the natal anniversary of Lycurgus, AKA Phillymon. Happy belated birthday brother! I have been turning over a suitable gift for you since finding that what I wanted to give you was sold out. And I'll make it public prior to my assembling and shipping - a big box of Japanese foods that will take you back to your childhood. Dried squid, dried bonito for katsuobushui, yokan (if it ships and I think it does), furikake, fukujinzuke. I hope you'll like what I cobble together.

And in other news, the phormer Philly Boys, now the Yumans are coming back, back I say! to the East Coast. It looks as though Wilmington, DE (just a snip off Philly all told) will be the new site of the Boys. So it looks like I'll be having more houseguests in September. And thank goodness I don't have to deal with 3000 miles and desert heat to visit them. Oy. I don't care it's a dry heat. What am I a scorpion I should live in the desert?

1 comment:

Kris said...

Happy birthday, Phillymon!

And thanks for the prayers, if I'm one of the recipients. :) You're on the receiving end of lots of the ones I send up. Having you for a regular reader and an occasional artwork purchaser has been a tremendous blessing and I consider you a dear friend.