Thursday, January 05, 2006

Home Decor
I've been poking around the IKEA site today with the idea of getting the "dark" corner of my kitchen set up. One thing I came upon was some track lighting which design I really like. Little UFO lights flying around the kitchen. But I am left to wonder if Richard Clack (Clack? -Ed.), the designer, has ever actually worked in a kitchen.
A kitchen, if used for its intended purpose, has the remarkable propensity to create fine airborne droplets of grease. Grease. An aerosol of grease. And then the dust of usual life comes to settle on that surface and pretty soon you have a real mess. I don't mind cleaning the kitchen. But being a guy, I want a kitchen that is easy to clean. And these lights, despite the high design, look like a real cleaning nightmare. So I'll continue on my light search.
On the other hand, I don't really want to have a light called "Fartyg" in any room of the house.

No comments: