Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Emmylou
Do I need to add a last name to that first name? Of course not. Emmylou and Mark Knopfler have released a new album "All the Roadrunning" which title song you can listen to in Real Audio if you visit the first link in this post. I'm very upset. I like the title song. A lot. It's not as overwhelmingly stunning as ... I'm thinking of the Carpenter's "Goodbye to Love" but that may be just due to the coincidence of the finest female vocals ever. I haven't decided to buy the CD yet (and I'm peeved at Amazon for not having the Roy Orbison CD in stock since March - now canceled though I'll get it elsewhere) but I probably will. The problem, what leaves me upset, is that I was reminded that I have so little of her music. In fact, on CD, I only have "Red Dirt Girl" (which, by the way, is just a fantastic, great, amazing disc). I'm going to have to start accumulating Emmylou CDs to catch it all up. So maybe this month my music acquisitions will be "Black and White Night" from Daedalus and one of Emmylou's. Perhaps "Wrecking Ball." I'd be interested in feedback from readers. Is there a better Emmylou CD to get into the stack first?
Also, please go visit her site (the first link above). I have always considered her to be a gorgeous woman (even without the voice she would be exceptional) but she now has the most amazing mane of snowy white hair and such eyes - to die for. The picture on her site is just stunning. I am in love all over again.

No comments: