Saturday, May 20, 2006

Today I Am Seven Squared
Old. Getting older. I never thought I'd get this far. When I was young my parents told me that I'd never make 18 so I guess I've been living on borrowed time for the last 31 years. Of course one day I'm going to have to pay back all this borrowing but it would appear that it won't be for a while. I'll put off the reckoning for a bit.
But for now, Potlatch Baby! Two Lileks books (opened earlier), Pete Townshend's Music from Lifehouse, the Mel Brooks Collection (eight movies! woot!), the Griffin Tech iPod connector cables, Griffin's GarageBand guitar cable (so now I can plug directly into the iMac) and luxy all-weather floormats for the Outback. And some other things I suppose that haven't reached me yet.
Now, I'm going to make myself two eggs over easy, two slices of chewy natural bread to go with and about three cups of coffee. I'll read the paper. I'll plant out my tomato plants, shower, spend about an hour with the guitar and by then, it's off to dinner with friends. There are worse ways to get old.
Tomorrow it's another Atlantic Cycling day. I'll point you to pics when they're post on the AC website. Cheers, y'all!
UPDATE: Earthbox The First is now all packed with soil and tomato plants are mashed into the proper places. Fingers are crossed. And, happily, I see sprouts in the green pepper side of the seed starter kit. Perhaps the cool weather has slowed down the germination. That's my story for the nonce.

No comments: