Wednesday, April 02, 2008

OK. Bite Me Then
This is an update on the savings post below wherein I was so pleased with myself about getting an inexpensive polo shirt. I'm still pleased with myself because I saved a couple of bucks but I didn't save nearly as much as I'd thought. I actually looked at the tag when I snipped it this morning (I'm wearing it now and it's quite comfortable). The price of this shirt, which hanes.com was asking $22, is $13.98. In fact, it's online here for that price. So, in essence, I paid just short of a buck for tax and shipping by buying with the coupon.
I'll tell you though, if I'd ponied up $22 for a shirt that arrived with a tag saying $14, I'd be so pissed off.
UPDATE: I didn't give hanes.com enough credit. The shirt wasn't $22 at their site. It was $16. Still $2 more than the tagged price but not an outrageous markup. Thus I retract my offer for them to chomp me. I'm just nice like that.

On the other hand, the Outer Banks website might prove to be a source for good, inexpensive clothing. I'll have to see how this wears.

No comments: