Saturday, April 19, 2008

Weekend Music Embed
I've been wanting to post a viddy by the superbly talented ukulele player Jake Shimabukuro (though I rather think that some time ago, before the weekend embeds, I posted one of his uToob vids). I think of Jake S. as the "other" Jake since Jake Armerding is "the" Jake. In point of fact, the Jake is coming to DC on the last day of the month and I'm going to get my ample ass down to the big town to see him. The connection is deeper though as I saw the Jake open for the other Jake in Philly.
The song is the Beatles' classic "In My Life" which is one of my all time faves. Really, who doesn't like this song? It's been on my mind lately since it was used by a local radio personality, Mike "Don Geronimo" Sorce of the "Don and Mike Show." He left the airwaves at the end of last week when he found he no longer had the heart for broadcasting after losing his wife in an auto accident a few years ago. He played "In My Life" at his sign off and it was strangely moving for me who had come to dislike Mr. Sorce for the lousy way he treated listeners. But he gave an emotional and touching valediction ushered out by the original of this song. Enjoy:


No comments: