Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Don't Know What This Means
File under "coincidence" I suppose.
The wife of my good friend the Guitar Nazi, she also is a friend but I think I've made the GN a character here so it bears referral, has a cousin who lives in Florida, the same county actually as Lycurgus. She has become my very dear friend in one of those rare situations wherein two people just fall in from minute one. A couple of months ago she visited me for a couple of days as she was traveling along the East Coast. In the course of reminiscing and hashing over life, I dug into my stock of Stuff Which I Inherited Including Women's Jewelry. I gave her a strange little piece to pass along to another friend of hers and mine down in the Sunshine State.
So, sometime in the new year I called down to leave a message saying "happy new year" and asking if the recipient of the piece liked it. A couple of days ago I got a call from the one who ended up with it on the one who took it's phone. At the same time, I got a call from the Guitar Nazi. I had, then, a message on my home machine and a message on Verizon's voice mail.
I was expecting neither call and yet they came from people with a strong relationship at the same time. It's not 6ยบ of separation but I find the happenstance intriguing nonetheless.

No comments: