Tuesday, April 12, 2005

A Love Of Cities
I admit to what some call the European tendency to love cities. I'm reminded of this every year when I see the reports that the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom in Washington, D.C. In my younger days, I spent many a happy moment wondering among these aforementioned blooms marveling at the fact that thousands of people would sit in traffic for hours just to reach out and touch them. These good times are something that I will surely recollect, as the poet Yeats once wrote, "when I am old and grey and full of sleep, and nodding by the fire."

Yes, Washington is a favorite city of mine. I am also fond of New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Baltimore. They all have shown me their good sides at one time or another. Though in the spring give me Washington and the Cherry Blossoms everytime!

No comments: