Sunday, April 10, 2005

Web Sites That Suck
I tried ordering my father, who lives in Florida, a subscription to MLB.TV and ended up being charged for the same service three times. He is a long-time St.Louis Cardinal fan and I thought it would be nice to let him see the games over the Internet on his computer. I tried the service first to see how it was and it passed my quick test. It was only after I tried to walk him through the setup on his home computer that I noticed I was getting charged for each and every attempt to get him on line. I then lost my patience and told him I would get him something else. To add insult to injury, I then spent 35 minutes on hold with the MLB.TV customer support number to cancel the service.

Please don't imagine that the latest technology is going to make your life or someone's any easier. It probably won't. It is the irony of our age. And again do not order anything from the Disney subsidiary ESPN. Their site is confusing and they will only fool you into ordering more than you need.

No comments: