Tuesday, April 19, 2005

WTF?
I'm not predisposed toward foul language (the hell you say! -Ed.) so I should apologize for the head on this post but the phrase bounces around my poor cranium like a billiard ball made of flubber. I mentioned earlier that I'm going to have my pad re-roofed and since I signed the contract with the roofer, I've gotten a couple of things in the mail from them. The real head-scratcher is that I got a CD. A music CD. It's presented as "music to distract you" while our workers pound out their own magic rhythm on your dwelling.
Ummm. OK. Here's the lineup and perhaps someone can explain these choices to me:
"Everything I Own" by Bread
"Listen to the Music" by the Doobie Brothers
"Take Me Home Country Roads" by John "Crash" Denver (sorry)
"Our House" by Madness
"Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond
"Late in the Evening" by Paul Simon
"Send Me On My Way" by Rusted Root (only one with which I wasn't familiar)
"Solsbury Hill" by Peter Gabriel (great song)
"Dancing in the Moonlight" by King Harvest (that's reaching back)
"Peg" by Steely Dan
"Fields of Gold" by Sting (might be his song but Eva Cassidy did it better)
"In My Life" by the Beatles
"Son of a Preacher Man" by Dusty Springfield (best song about heterosex by a lesbian - ever)
"How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor (did he ever get the treacle out of his guitar?)
"Knowing Me, Knowing You" by ABBA (is it OK to like ABBA yet?)
"Give a Little Bit" by Supertramp (what ever happened to them?)
"Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" by Looking Glass (what no follow-up hit song?)
"She's A Lady" by Tom Jones
"Southern Cross" by Crosby Stills and Nash (the other great song on this disc)

No comments: