Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oy!
The Thanksgiving food situation continues apace. I have a round of New England Cran-Maple Chutney in jars and a round of "Ric's Own" Cranberry Sauce also jarred. I've got to send out sets to a couple of people and have handed a couple to friends so far.
In other fun stuff - I have the custard base for rum ice cream cooling in the fridge. If it turns out well, I'll make a batch to bring to friends for the day itself ... along with the cranberry duo, apple pie from the best place in the world for those and my dressing which I have yet to work up. I should have that together by Sunday. If it works, I'll post the recipe.
Tonight I'll be making myself some brussels sprouts. Maybe that should capitalized. But so should the American automakers and I don't see that happening either! Ar! Ar! Ar! I tell jokes.
UPDATE: I processed the rum ice cream this morning. Oh my. Oh. My. I'm going to make another batch so I can share with more people (and use up the ingredients on hand). I highly recommend the recipe at the link above. It's a custard based recipe and rich as hell. I used Myer's rum.

No comments: