Thursday, November 06, 2008

We Interrupt This Blog
OK, I interrupt my own blog. Don't pick nits. I'll have my ripping up of "Indiana Jones Gets Some Skull" in another post. I just want to start the pre-Thanksgiving blogging here and now.
The return of my own recipe cranberry sauce is due. i have a 3-lb. bag of fresh cranberries and a bag of tangerines. I have port in the cabinet and need only walnuts to complete the ingredients. And I'll also be making the cran-maple chutney again. But I haven't even begun to assemble the ingredients for that yet.
New on the list is the development of my own recipe for wild rice stuffing/dressing. I've trolled through a few recipes online but I want to do it my own way. This will involve white bread cubes (toasted) instead of spiced bread stuffing mix, sage sausage, mushrooms (chanterelles by the pound, baby!), rosemary and possibly apple chunks (Costco has wonderful honeycrisp apples). Oh, I'm also going to try it with a shot or two of bourbon purely for flavor reasons. My only hesitation is that it's going to take a lot of testing to get this recipe right. I guess that I'm going to have to run about ten iterations before I get it the way I want it. So I'm working on making small batches which I can scale up for feasting purposes.
I'd love to hear what anyone thinks about the idea.

No comments: