Saturday, August 06, 2005

Firefox and Popups
You know I'm ready to pimp Firefox at a moment's notice. I use it. I think there's no better browser even as much as I respect Safari and Opera. But I have been getting popups in the last, say, month or so and have been meaning to look into it. Well, thanks to Schultzie, I got the 411. (Oh please! Can you use any more "hip lingo?" -Ed.) Shut up, Ed.
The popup buttheads are using Flash to get around Firefox's built-in blocker. Here is the fix. And here it is without having to click the link:
  1. Type about:config into the Firefox location bar.
  2. Right-click on the page and select New and then Integer.
  3. Name it privacy.popups.disable_from_plugins
  4. Set the value to 2.
There's a bit more info at the link and I urge you to visit because the man who puts up such a useful fix deserves the traffic. Major kudos for Pete Bevin!

No comments: