Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Food, Stuff
Item The First: Peeps. Did everyone get their peeps this weekend? I don't do Easter candy much but I always eat one package of mushmellow peeps. This year it was a single row of pink chicks. One of the most wonderfully revolting things the world has to offer. And now I have another year to go before having any more.

Item The Second: Ginger Caramel Corn. First attempt was on Sunday. I've never made caramel corn before and was surprised at how easy it was. But the ginger syrup (previously pictured on PoW) in lieu of the light corn syrup did not carry enough of the ginger with it. My next attempt will be to increase the amount of ginger syrup and reduce the amount of brown sugar. If that is insufficiently gingerific, I will chop candied ginger into the mix. I don't think I can do much more than that.

Item The Last: Cauliflower Parmesan Flans. When I use the plural, it's because they were made in ramekins. Not a bad dish. But my first attempt was not great - I eschewed the cayenne pepper which made them blander than they should have been. And the florets I cooked and pureed were too wet so the cooking time was longer than it should have been. I'll post the recipe when I've made it to my satisfaction.

No comments: