Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sunday Music Non-Embed
The video is Johnny Cash's immortal version of Trent Reznor's "Hurt." I don't know how old Mr. Cash was when he did this video but it is the most remarkable expression of human pain I can recall seeing in almost any video format. Surely some movies have done it. But here we have an artist take another's words and music and turn it into indelible images of his entire life come crashing on the shores of mortality. "What have I become/ my sweetest friend/ everyone I know/ goes away/ in the end"
You can actually see his pain at missing his beloved June. You can see a man who, while having nothing more inside, a man ready for nothing but Jesus, makes one of the purest expressions of art in music video history.
This video tears my heart out. It is beautiful. I hope you find it as moving and incredible as I do.
And I apologize for the lack of embedding but the embedding is disabled on this one.
UPDATE: Another one has the embed code. I'll try it.


No comments: