Thursday, May 24, 2007

Oooh Fah!
A belated birthday dinner with friends tonight. Belated due to having come down with a throat/sinus/head coldish sort of thing. But it wasn't just the idea of dinner but that dinner was a lesson in how to make Chinese steamed dumplings.
Oooohhh Baby! So good. Laden with ginger just the way I likes 'em. This is one recipe you'll not see here on PoW. It will become part of the oral tradition, handed down from father to son, mother to daughter, long time friend to ... well, me. I am so going to make these about once a week from here on out. Make them with ground pork, ground beef, ground turkey.
A bottle of Sammy Adams Honey Porter, a glass of my favorite good champagne (Pieper Heidsieck Brut) and ginger ice cream for afters.
And a birthday present. Very amusing. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow. What a great night.

No comments: