Monday, February 25, 2008

Nazi Gold And Then Some
A while back I posted about what I considered a possibility of what had happened to the Amber Room. I was engaging in some serious blue skying. Now there is some exciting news coming out of Germany that there's a cache of stolen gold (a near certainty) which may include the panels of the Amber Room. I will keep my fingers peeled and an eye crossed in hopes that one of the real missing treasures of the modern world may come to light again. The link goes to an Engliush-language article on Dr. Spiegel's website. I would excerpt it but do yourself a favor and RTWT.
Neal Stephenson might want to do a patch on his "Cryptonomicon" set not in the Philippines but in Eastern Europe. Or not. He has, after all, done it. and done it well.

No comments: