Thursday, January 11, 2007

Again With the iPhone?
Oy! Vat is it witchew kids and your shiny new things? Always the new things. You got no respect for tradition.
Sorry. I was channeling there. I didn't mean to disparage the shiny new thing that Apple, Inc. (not Apple Computer, Inc. anymore) has brought forth upon the face of this great land. I was watching the Macworld keynote address from my favorite reality-field distortion provider Steve Jobs when I drank the Kool-Ade. It's kool all right. I'm no more planning to drop the cash on this device than I was when I forced the Enigmatic Misanthrope into a fit of pirate speak (see comments on the post below). But what it does and the way it does it is just fantastic. I'm not going to laundry list the features, odds are you've seen reporting on it by now. But what knocks me out is the face of the thing. One solid sheet of polycarbonate plastic. Polycarbonate has high impact resistance but low scratch resistance so let's hope the iPhone (if Cisco agrees) has some world class anti-scratch coating.
With all the gee-whizzery, I can only imagine that there's one technological breakthrough that will make the thing perfect: transparent aluminum. I know Steve can do if he really, really REALLY wants it. Let's all clap for Tinkerbell, henh?

No comments: