Monday, January 01, 2007

The Post Wherein Inconsequential Things Are Enumerated
The first of the year is a good time to change things. Apart from opening the new calendars, I put a new brush head on my Sonicare toothbrush, a new water filter in my coffeepot and changed the wiper blades on my car. Those are the six month things. I also put new batteries in the smoke detectors despite those who say that's a six month thing, I change them out yearly.
I also got something new from my friend the Guitar Nazi with whom I spent NYE. And his family of course. I got guitar strap locks. I have had exactly one instance of a guitar slipping the strap but that's one too many. And that's despite PRS using an oversized strap button. The strap locks are pretty freakin' cool. I'll have the locking buttons on all the guitars by the end of the month. I also got a beautifully cleaned guitar.
Once again, happy new year to y'all. If anyone out there with artistic talent wants to make an image for me, I'd like a cartoon sort of gnu wearing a tie-dyed Tee shirt and a headband. This would then be a card with the caption "Hippy Gnu Year!"
And the one other little thing. My Outback is 60 miles from turning over the 100,000 mile mark. I would have preferred to have it happen today but I never got out of the house. So, tomorrow, I gas up and drive around and flip the odo. I am strangely happy.

No comments: