Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Is It Really Wrong?
I found a copy of Sakamoto Kyu's wonderful song "Ue o muite arukō" (which is better known as "Sukiyaki" in English) online here in mp3 form. Which is good because iTunes does not have the original available for sale. I have to learn the lyrics and the Wikipedia page is a good place to start. Sakamoto has a wonderful, clean expressive voice. I won't go into detail about the song; it's all on the Wikipedia page if you're interested.
Amazon has a couple of Sakamoto's discs but I probably should just get the $7 disc of "Billboard Top Pop Hits: 1963." At some point, I will feel guilty about grabbing a free mp3 but for a more than 40 year old song from an artist who passed away tragically in 1985, my nabbing one song seems a rather minor thing.
So, to answer my question, yes. It is wrong. But it is a deminimis transgression and one that can be rectified.

No comments: