Friday, January 26, 2007

Not Something I'm Prone To Blog About
Wrestling. Rather, modern American "professional" wrestling. And I'm not really going to get into wrestling per se. I just want to mention a couple of professional wrestlers. Dave "The Animal" Bautista and John Cena. I don't care about their "ring careers" but both have a great deal of charisma. Just as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson transcended wrestling and has made a decent career for himself as an actor, I think both Bautista and Cena have the style and intelligence to make it in entertainment beyond the exposition that is wrestling. Anything that gets they away from the malignant promoter Vince McMahon is a good thing. Cena is currently in Subway ads with Jared Fogle. I think he does a good job.
Even if you don't care about professional wrestling, take a look at these two guys sometime and see if you don't find that they have something more than the rest of the rasslin' crowd.

No comments: