Monday, February 21, 2005

Watching TV
Last night I watched Tom Selleck in the made-for-TV movie "Stone Cold" wherein he played a small town chief of police. He has always been a damnably good-looking man and now, naturally, he is aging well too. The SOB. He's craggier and, in the movie, shaggier but still the manly man so many of us would like to be. But that's not the point of this post.
The movie featured a serial killing couple who were always shooting digital video of their exploits and watching them on the computer screen at home. There was one scene wherein the wife shutdown the display by using a menu choice from the upper left hand corner of the screen. Ahem. That would be a MAC then. Yet the CPU sitting on the floor beside the desk was manifestly not a Mac. I'd say some stripe of HP machine.
C'mon people. Just show them using a Mac and don't annoy the viewer. Me. The viewer.
On the other hand, the movie did feature Mimi Rogers who is just way up there in my list of all-time babes. I wish I could explain why because I can't make the case that she's an overwhelming beauty but whatever "it" is, she's got it like Iraq got sand.

No comments: