Monday, July 18, 2005

The Bon Ton of Delta Airlines
I had a call to my office in New York City this morning at 7:30 am from Delta Airlines in Nice, France. They were calling about a bag I lost 3 weeks ago. I had carried it on board a crowded flight and somebody else had grabbed it by mistake. Delta said this person had finally turned the bag over to them in France.

I had the pleasure of speaking with a very polite Frenchman who inquired if there was someone in France who could come by and pick it up. Not wanting to be thought a provincial New Yorker, I had to tell him all my contacts in the area were on vacation. To make a long story short, I am having Fedex pick it up and ship it back to me at my company's expense (it was after all a business trip). I didn't lose much of any value but I figured that if you are treated kindly it behooves you to return the favor, especially since these nice folks in Nice were dealing with my dirty laundry and a pair of old shoes. Thanks again, Delta!

No comments: